Davies Consultancy recently managed the tendering, selection and installation of a new telephony system for a large Housing Group.
So far, so standard? Well, on the surface maybe, but when it comes to boosting functionality and streamlining costs, the devil is in the detail. So, let’s take a closer look at some of the specifics of the project and how diligent, incisive research, a little lateral thinking and consultative advice led to impressive outcomes.
ISSUES AND OUTCOMES
The brief for the tender and selection of a new telephone system for the housing group’s head office customer contact centre included the need to:
Empower employees at the customer contact centre
So, Davies Consultancy:
- Assembled a project team to ensure the business was engaged with the selection process.
- Researched systems programmable by Housing Group Administrators.
Facilitate statistical analysis and intelligent reporting
With smart reporting in mind, Davies Consultancy briefed providers about the need for:
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook
- Click to Dial Service and Call History Logs for Each user
- Configurable User Hunt Groups
- Call Logging
- Call Recording Facility
- Statistics on number of calls waiting and number of calls rejected.
Enable future growth of the organisation
- Provision for 120 extensions with future growth to 250 extensions.
Allow for flexible and changeable shift patterns
- Simple Login Functions to allow a user to hotdesk in different locations across the office
- Voicemail and Unified Messaging
- Seamless call diverts to mobiles or home lines
- Intelligent call routing
- VOIP handsets for each user
- Wireless headsets
Davies Consultancy carried out an exhaustive investigation of the systems, suppliers and long-term costs to ensure the best system and the best value for the housing group. The result was the selection of a 120 extension Avaya IP 500 system which would not only meet the current requirements of the business but would allow for expansion and diversification.
During the process, investigation by Davies Consultancy revealed that the contract for the provision of telephony services, line rental and call costs were due for renewal – in fact most organisations do not review their call costs frequently enough.
- Negotiated savings of £6500 + VAT per annum – following detailed analysis of calls used over the last twelve months.